The Order Sons of Italy in America, Grand Lodge of Illinois/Wisconsin, honored a dozen outstanding individuals from all walks of life at the 18th annual Leonardo da Vinci Awards of Excellence Gala on May 5 at White Eagle Banquets in Niles.
“Our recipients walk among giants in their chosen professions,” says Lodge President Marie Marsalli. “They lead by example and truly embrace their Italian heritage.”
Fra Noi’s own Pat Capriati, author of the monthly Italian-language profile “L’eta d’oro” and co-host of the bilingual radio program “Domenica Insieme,” received an Award of Excellence in Communications at the event.
Also receiving awards were:
- Joseph G. Alioto, attorney-at-law (Law)
- John Conenna, proprietor of Venus Travel Inc. (Entrepreneur)
- Carol Amendola D’Anca, board-certified nutritionist (Medicine)
- Rose DeMichele, community projects volunteer (Community Leadership)
- Dr. Albert (Bert) Jacobson, retired dean of Kankakee Community College (Education)
- Marie Marsalli, president of the Grand Lodge of Illinois/Wisconsin (OSIA Legend)
- Dr. Mario G. Massullo, cardiologist (Medicine)
- Dr. Amy Pannaralla, family medicine practice (Medicine)
- Dr. Rosanna Ranieri, nephrology specialist (Medicine)
- Ronald Simonetti, Chicago Heights policeman (Public Service)
- Pietro Tarantino, proprietor of Sicilian Pizza Restaurant (Entrepreneur)