Tag Archives: Claudia Bartolani

Italy introduces new visa

Dealing with immigration matters can be tricky, especially when it comes to your visa or residence permit in Italy. A visa is a document, usually stamped in a passport, that allows a person to enter a country for a certain period of time, while a residence permit is a document that allows a person to stay in a country for an extended period of time (for work, study, family reasons or other). If you are entering the country for tourist purposes, as long as you do not exceed the 90-day period, no visa is required. It is crucial to know …

Read More »

Fra Noi introduces new column

Care lettrici e lettori, saluti da Roma! My name is Claudia Bortolani and I’m an attorney licensed to practice law in Italy and California. I’m a partner in Aliant Law, an international firm that provides assistance with all aspects of Italian law for its clients in Italy and abroad, including the U.S. Fra Noi has invited me to launch a column in which I answer question that Americans commonly ask about Italian law, whether they’re vacationing in Italy or buying a home there. I look forward to sharing my expertise with you. Let’s start with a basic question in real …

Read More »

Want More?

Subscribe to our print magazine
or give it as a gift.

Click here for details