These squares can be easily made from any leftovers you may have from our Baked Polenta with Three Cheeses because the cheese in the recipe helps give the polenta enough body to work with. These can be baked or fried, but if you're making more than a few you will find baking them more time efficient.
- 2 to 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 cup or more grated Parmesan cheese
- Squares of prepared polenta
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil, if frying
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut polenta into small squares or triangles and dip into egg white, then cheese.
Place on baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake until cheese lightly browns. You may choose to place under broiler to finish browning if necessary. Remove to platter to set and cool.
If frying, heat olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Lightly brown polenta pieces on each side before removing to paper towels to drain. Allow to set and cool.
- Baked Polenta with Three Cheeses | Read Recipe
- Creamy Tuscan Polenta | Read Recipe
- Drunken Garlic | Recipe
- Frittata - Basic | Recipe
- Frittata - Main dish | Recipe
- Involtini di melanzane con ricotta | Recipe
- Jill's Potatoes | Recipe
- Nani's Polpette with Mashed Potatoes, Cheese and Bread Crumbs | Recipe
- New potatoes with gorgonzola, sage and pancetta | Recipe
- Peppers and eggs | Recipe
- Risotto Milanese with vegetables | Read Recipe
- Slow Roasted Tomatoes | Read Recipe
- Spinach with Garlic, Onion and Cheese | Read Recipe
- Stacked eggplant | Read Recipe
- Toasted Polenta Squares | Read Recipe