Boiled or roasted potatoes can be used in this salad. I prefer to roast small red potatoes with their skins on for added flavor and color. Also, traditionally green olives are used here but I like the warmth of black Sicilian olives even more. Serves 4 to 6.
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, cut in chunks
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 6 yellow bell peppers
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1-1/2 to 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Sea Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 2/3 pound Fontina cheese, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup green olives or dried Sicilian black olives, chopped
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a pan toss potato chunks with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Roast until tender but not mushy (about 15 to 20 minutes).
Roast whole peppers over a gas flame until completely charred. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to cool.
In a bowl combine the cream and mustard along with the remaining olive oil and mix until emulsified. Season with Salt and pepper and set aside.
Peel the skin from the peppers and discard along with core, seeds and membranes. Slice into thin strips.
On a platter combine the potatoes, peppers and cheese. Pour dressing over salad and toss lightly. Add chopped olives and serve.
- Mixed vegetable salad | Read Recipe
- Cabbage and Apple Salad | Read Recipe
- Endive, pear, walnut and pancetta salad | Read Recipe
- Every Day Tuna salad | Read Recipe
- Fennel and Orange Salad with Arugula | Read Recipe
- Bean Salad with White Balsamic Vinaigrette | Read Recipe
- Olive Salad | Read Recipe
- Panzanella Salad | Read Recipe
- Radicchio and Romaine Salad with Fresh Nectarines | Read Recipe
- Spinach Salad with Grapefruit, Red Pepper and Gorgonzola | Read Recipe
- Tuna and Vegetable Salad | Read Recipe
- Vinaigrette, Balsamic | Read Recipe
- Vinaigrette, Lemon and White Balsamic | Read Recipe
- Vinaigrette, Red Wine | Read Recipe
- Vinaigrette, White Balsamic | Read Recipe